L A W L I N K S
You Tube Links to Student Rights Issues
1. Is School Censoring American Flag on Cinco de Mayo Unconstitutional? (4 minutes)
The video appears on the blog of LiberalViewer. In real life the blogger is Allen Asch, 41, a stay-at-home dad and a former public defender in Placer County and Missouri. He's also done some pro bono legal work for the American Civil Liberties Union. When not taking care of his 6-year-old daughter, he spends time in his LiberalViewer persona, blogging via YouTube about the news of the day and the mainstream media's coverage of same.
2. A Student Questions School's Free Flu Vaccination (9 minutes)
On December 16, 2009 Breckenridge High School was holding a free vaccination clinic to administer a flu vaccine for all willing students. Robert Wanak signed up and intended to enter the science room to hand out educational flyers (the flyers consisted of simple medical studies that disprove vaccine safety claims by the CDC). This video appeared on an Alex Jones website. Jones is an American talk radio host, actor and filmmaker. Mainstream news sources have referred to him as right-wing, conservative, and a conspiracy theorist. Jones sees himself as a libertarian, and rejects being described as a right-winger. In a promotional biography he is described as an "aggressive constitutionalist".
3. Student Town Hall Meeting (4 minutes)
The Metro School (also called Metro Early College or Metro High School) is located in Columbus, Ohio. The School is operated by the Educational Council, a confederation of the 16 public school districts in Franklin County. Students attending Metro are concurrently enrolled in their home district and remain a part of the public school system in Franklin County. The Metro School holds regular town meetings (one each trimester, or third of a school year) to discuss and vote up or down changes in significant policies and procedures, such as dress codes, funding and food.
You Tube Links to Teacher Rights Issues
1. Florida Teacher Sacked for Wizardry? (2 minutes)
2. Can You Be Fired Based on Outside Employment? (2 minutes)
3. Superintendent Reacts to Teacher Facebook Pages? (2 min)
4. Teacher Fired Over Facebook? (3 min)
5. Teacher Sacked For Falsifying Sick Day Leave? (2 min)
6. Beware the Bridal Shower? (5 min for both)
Pittsburgh area teacher host bachelorette party that includes a special guest
and a settlement is reached
7. Teacher Forced to Quit Over Vacation Photos? (6 min)
TO MCEWING HOME PAGE